2017 Honda Pioneer 700 Deluxe
-3 speed torque converter transmission (all shaft drive no belt)
-fuel injected, liquid cooled
-Automatic or manual transmission
Proof that you can have it all.
Who says you can’t improve on perfection? Some side-by-sides get it right from the very start. And some get it better than right. Like the Honda Pioneer 700s. We’ve taken what was already a great side-by-side and made it even better for 2017. That’s because we’re introducing the new Pioneer 700 Deluxe models. With even more features, new color options, new shifting options, power steering and new safety features, the standard or Deluxe models are going to be the perfect side-by-side choice for thousands of owners.
Here’s why: To start with, the Pioneer 700s are comfortable, powerful, and handle so well—they’re a joy to drive in conditions that would wear you out on another side-by-side.
Everybody’s looking for comfort. Everybody’s looking for value. Everybody’s looking for features. With a Honda Pioneer 700 and 700-4, you get it all, along with something no other brand can offer: Honda quality.
Full-featured, sized right: How do you make a side-by-side that’s already as versatile and balanced as the Pioneer 700s even better? Our 2017 Pioneer 700 models still offer powerful, 675cc liquid-cooled engines, and their three-speed automatic transmissions give you something few other off-road automatics can—true engine braking in demanding terrain. A new front bumper and fascia make them look even better. And new for 2017, the Pioneer 700 and 700-4 are available as Deluxe models, featuring transmissions that let you choose either manual paddle shifting or fully automatic shifts. Deluxe models also include Electric Power Steering (EPS) and painted bodywork (Diver Blue on the 700 Deluxe and Matte Silver on the 700-4 Deluxe), as well as colored springs and all-new aluminum wheels. All models feature a massive 1500-pound towing capacity and 1000-pound hauling capacity, while the 700-4 models feature our QuickFlip® seating system—they’re a 2-seater, a 3-seater and a 4-seater, all in one.
- 1500-Pound Towing Capacity: Sometimes you need to tow things. Like, up to 1500 pounds of things. So we gave the Pioneer 700 a robust three-quarter-ton towing capacity—strong enough to handle some of those jobs you’d normally use a tractor for.
- Rugged 675cc Liquid-Cooled Engine: Power to go further, and to keep on going. That’s what the 675cc four-stroke single delivers. Rubber-mounted for less cabin vibration. Fuel-injected for reliable starts and performance in inclement weather. And proven reliability for hunting down thrill after thrill.
- 1,000-Pound Bed Capacity: In many ways, this isn’t just a side-by-side. It’s a solution. Take the cargo bed – the 1000-pound capacity is among the tops in the industry, and it’s made of a strong, durable construction. That means more cargo in fewer trips, saving you time. Now that’s smart.
- AT/MT Mode and Paddle Shifters: With the Honda Pioneer 700 Deluxe and 700-4 Deluxe, you can let the automatic transmission shift for you, or you can take charge and choose which gear you want for yourself via the steering column mounted paddle shifters – you can even shift from auto to manual (AT to MT) on the fly!
- Electric Power Steering (EPS): When you’re driving off road, power steering can be a big help, especially in rocky terrain, on sidehills, or over logs and dried ruts. Honda’s EPS is one of the best: there are no belts or pumps to slip, break or leak. It’s a “smart” system too—you get more assistance when you need it, and less when you don’t. (Available on Pioneer 700 Deluxe and Pioneer 700-4 Deluxe.)
- Adjustable Preload Rear Shocks: You don’t want to compromise on handling, particularly when hauling heavy loads – and with our preload rear shocks, you don’t have to. The fully-independent rear suspension features a dual-rate spring and boasts 9.1-inches of travel. So even when loaded to the max, you’re assured predictable handling performance.
- Honda Automatic Transmission: A vehicle this versatile demands a transmission that’s ready for anything. With a heavy-duty torque converter and three hydraulic clutches, you get smooth shifts, a steady stream of power, and engine braking. Meanwhile, the two-stage shift map further optimizes power and torque delivery, even at higher RPM ranges.
- New Color Choices: Some hunters and outdoorsmen are going to go straight for the Pioneer 700 Deluxe models in Phantom Camo®. For others, Honda has to be Red. But this year there are two more great options: The 700 Deluxe is also available in Diver Blue, and the 700-4 Deluxe comes in Matte Silver too, both with scratch-resistant automotive-quality painted plastic, to keep your Pioneer looking good.
- Glovebox: In the cabin, a convenient glovebox holds your essentials and keeps them dry. The water-resistant door helps prevent the elements from getting inside, while the in-dash design provides good storage space, without compromising on passenger legroom.
- Tilt Bed: With the cargo bed’s large capacity and durable construction, we’ve made hauling heavy loads easy. So it makes sense that we’d make dumping the load easy, too. Thanks to the smartly-designed hydraulic assist strut, you can tilt the bed and dump the cargo, even with one person.
- 37.5-Watt Headlight: Whether you’re up for work before sunrise or heading home late after a day on the trails, the Pioneer 700’s headlights will light your way. 37.5 watts and single filament, they have an excellent balance and light distribution, so you don't have to deal with dark zones or uneven light patterns.
- 450-Watt Power Capacity: Every component on the Pioneer 700 is engineered to perform at the highest level. The alternator is no different – with 450-watts, it has plenty of power for everyday use and has enough left over for accessories that help you work easier, like winches, light bars and more. Always consult accessory instructions for specific power requirements.
- Independent Double-Wishbone Front Suspension: Just like our rear suspension, the independent double-wishbone front suspension features dual-rate springs for smooth riding, superior handling and all-day comfort. And with 7.9-inches of travel, you can navigate the kind of rocky, rutted and uneven territory other side-by-sides can’t.
- Contoured Bench Seat: One of the most-used components of the Pioneer 700 is the bench seat itself. So we gave it a durable covering that can withstand the frequent entry and exit of passengers, and the elements.
- Disc Brakes: Mud, sod, gravel – you can handle every bit of it with confidence and still stop with confidence. Our triple-disc brakes feature a patented scraper system that helps prevent debris buildup between caliper and rim. 200mm discs in the front, and a lighter, 170mm inboard-mounted disc in the rear deliver stellar stopping power.
- Double-Latch Doors: Knowing you’re driving a side-by-side built with safety in mind makes the adventure that much more fun. Our hard doors feature a double latching system designed after our autos. They work together with our roll-up side nets, helping to keep the elements outside and you secure inside.
- Driver/Passenger Protection: Staying safe is essential, both at work and when having fun. That’s why the Pioneer 700 is equipped with an Occupant Protection Structure, using large-diameter tubing and meeting OSHA’s rollover protection standard. And in the cabin, integrated handrails, recessed top tubes and automotive-style three-point seatbelts with emergency locking retractors help keep passengers securely in place.
- Engine Type: 675cc liquid-cooled OHV single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 102.0 mm x 82.6 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Induction: Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 40 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Full-transistorized type with electronic advance
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Automotive-style automatic transmission with hydraulic torque converter, three forward gears and Reverse. Three drive modes include 2WD, 4WD and 4WD with Differential lock. AT/MT modes with paddle shifting on the deluxe models.
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 7.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 9.1 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual 200 mm hydraulic discs
- Rear Brake: 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tires: 25 x 8-12
- Rear Tires: 25 x 10-12
- Length: 114.7 in.
- Width: 59.7 in.
- Height: 78.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 76.8 in.
- Bed Capacity: 1000 lb.
- Towing Capacity: 1500 lb.
- Ground Clearance: 10.7 in.
- Turning Radius: 14.8 ft.
- Curb Weight: 1283 lb. - Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel.
- Fuel Capacity: 7.9 gal., including 1.2-gal. reserve
- Safety: Recommended for Drivers 16 years of age and older.
- Available Colors: Diver Blue
- Model ID: SXS700M2D
- Duration: One Year
- Description: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
- Engine Type
- OHV single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 102.0 mm x 82.6 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 40 mm throttle body
- Full-transistorized type with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Brakes
- Dual 200 mm hydraulic discs
- Front Tire
- 25 x 8-12
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Rear Brakes
- 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Tire
- 25 x 10-12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 1283 lb.
- 76.8 in.
- Front Travel
- 7.9 in.
- Rear Travel
- 9.1 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 10.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 7.9 gal., including 1.2-gal. reserve
- Box Capacity
- 1000 lb.
- Towing Capacity
- 1500 lb.
- Automotive-style automatic transmission with hydraulic torque converter, three forward gears and Reverse. Three drive modes include 2WD, 4WD and 4WD with Differential lock. AT/MT modes with paddle shifting on the deluxe models.
- Drive System
- Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Diver Blue
- One Year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan